In a video message two weeks after his election, Trump pledged that on “Day One” he would take the following actions:
- Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Cancel “job killing” restrictions on American energy
- Institute a rule that for every new regulation put in place, two old ones should be eliminated
- Ask the Department of Defense and chairman of the joint chiefs of staff to develop a plan to protect infrastructure from cyberattacks
- Direct the Department of Labor to investigate all abuses of visa programs
- Impose a five-year ban on executive officials’ becoming lobbyists after leaving the administration
Other White House officials tell ABC News that other executive actions could come related to a declaration of intention to renegotiate NAFTA, to immigration and to repealing the Affordable Care Act.